伊索寓言双语小故事:替猫戴上铃铛(中英字幕) 伊索寓言故事之替猫戴上铃铛,这个寓言故事告诉我们,如果无法实施,一个好的计划一点用处也没有。 还告诉我们事情都是说起来容易做起来难。
Belling the Cat 替猫戴上铃铛
Kitty the Cat is eating all the mice. The mice are afraid to come out of their mouseholes.
猫咪凯蒂几乎吃光了所有的老鼠。 老鼠们都非常害怕,不敢踏出鼠洞半步。
Kitty: Meow I got you, little mouse.
凯蒂:喵呜我抓住你了,小老鼠。
Little Joe: Oh, please, Kitty! Let me go. I am too small to eat.
小乔伊:哦,求求你了,凯蒂! 放我走吧。 我太小了,不够你吃的。
Kitty: I dont mind. I am very hungry right now.
凯蒂:没关系。 我遥太饿了。 (一口吞下小老鼠! )
Kitty the Cat eats poor Little Joe and looks around for another mouse.
猫咪凯蒂吃掉了可怜的小乔伊。 又继续四处寻找其他的老鼠。
Kitty: That was delicious. But Im still not full. I need another one. Meow
凯蒂:味道真不错。 可是我还是没饱,我得再找一只。 喵呜
Lenny and Theodore are also mice. They see everything.
伦尼和西奥多也是老鼠,他们目睹了这一切。
Lenny: Did you see that, Theodore?
伦尼:你看到了吗,西奥多?
Theodore: I sure did, Lenny. It was terrible.
西奥多:我看到了,伦尼。 太可怕了。
Lenny: Kitty is getting fatter and fatter every day. She is eating more and more.
伦尼:凯蒂一天比一天胖。 她越吃越多。
Theodore: Soon she will eat all of us. We need to do something.
西奥多:很快她就会把我们都吃光。 我们必须采取行动。
Lenny: Youre right. But what can we do?
伦尼:你说得对。 但是我们该怎么做呢?
Theodore: Lets have a meeting first. Tell all the mice to come to my house tonight.
西奥多:我们先开个会。 告诉所有的老鼠今晚到我家来。
Lenny: Dont worry. Ill tell everyone to come. Well all be there.
伦尼:你放心吧。 我去叫所有的人来。 我们大家都会到。
Just then, Kitty smells the two mice and slowly walks towards them.
正在这时,凯蒂闻到了这两只老鼠的味道,慢慢地向他们走过来。
Theodore: Quickly, Lenny! Hide! Kitty is coming this way!
西奥多:快,伦尼! 躲起来! 凯蒂朝这边走过来了!
Kitty: Meow I smell mice. Where are they?
凯蒂:喵呜我闻到了老鼠的味道。 你们在哪儿?
This time the two mice are lucky. They get away from Kitty. Late in the evening, all the mice are gathered at Theodores house for the meeting. 这回两只老鼠还算幸运,他们逃过了凯蒂的利爪。 傍晚,所有的老鼠都遥到西奥多家,准备开会。
Theodore: Good evening, everyone. Thank you all for coming.
西奥多:各位晚上好。 感谢你们的光临。
Mr. Toby: Whats up, Theo? Why did you call us so late?
托比先生:怎么了,小西? 为什么这么晚叫我们来?
Lenny: Well, Mr. Toby, today Kitty got little Joe.
伦尼:哦,托比先生,遥凯蒂吃掉了小乔伊。
Mr. Toby: Not again! Are you sure?
托比先生:哦,不! 你确定吗?
Lenny: Yes, Theodore and I saw it together. It was really terrible.
伦尼:当然,西奥多和我亲眼看到的。 真的是太可怕了。
Theodore: We must stop this now! ! !
西奥多:遥我们必须阻止这种事情的发生! ! !
Lenny: If we dont, well all be eaten, too.
伦尼:如果不采取行动,总有一天我们都会被吃掉的。
Mr. Toby: I agree with you. But what can we do? We are so small and helpless.
托比先生:我同意你的说法。 可是我们能做些什么呢? 我们是这么弱小,无助。
Theodore: Thats why we are here. Together, lets think of a way.
西奥多:这就是遥我们来到这里的原因。 伙伴们,让我们一起来想个办法吧!
Mr. Toby: Lets trap Kitty.
托比先生:不如我们设个陷阱,抓住凯蒂。
Mrs. Toby: But dear, Kitty is much bigger than us. How can we trap her?
托比太太:可是亲爱的,凯蒂的个头比我们大多了。 我们怎么设陷阱抓她呢?
Mr. Toby: I dont know, dear.
托比先生:我也不知道,亲爱的。
The mice keep thinking, but they dont come up with any good ideas.
这些老鼠们想啊想,可是怎么也想不出好点子来。
Theodore: Come on everyone, think harder.
西奥多:大家加油啊,再努力想想。
Buster: Well, uh, how about just staying away from Kitty?
巴斯特:那么,嗯,咱们就离凯蒂远点怎么样?
Theodore: What do you mean, Buster?
西奥多:你是什么意思,巴斯特?
Buster: Its simple. Just stay inside our mouseholes and dont come out.
巴斯特:很简单啊。 就是整天躲在我们的鼠洞里不要出来。
Lenny: Then what do we eat, Buster? We have to go out for food. Or else, well starve to death.
伦尼:我们吃什么,巴斯特? 我们必须出去寻找食物,不然,我们会饿死的。
Mrs. Toby: My, my, thats just as terrible. I dont want to starve.
托比太太:天啊,天啊,那不是一样可怕。 我可不想饿死。
Mr. Toby: How about just running away? When we see Kitty coming, just run.
托比先生:我们逃跑怎么样? 我们一看到凯蒂走过来,就逃跑。
Mrs. Toby: Not a bad idea, dear. But what happens when we dont see Kitty coming?
托比太太:这主意不错,亲爱的。 可是如果我们没有看见凯蒂过来呢?
Mr. Toby: I didnt think of that.
托比先生:这我可没想到。
Finally, Felix, the brightest mouse at the meeting raises his hand.
较后,会议中较机灵的老鼠菲利克斯举起了手。
Theodore: What is it, Felix? Speak up!
西奥多:你怎么想的,菲利克斯? 快说出来!
Felix: Well, uh How about hanging a bell around Kittys neck? When we hear the bell, we can run away.
费利克斯:是这样,嗯咱们在凯蒂的脖子上挂一个铃铛怎么样? 这样我们一听到遥,就赶快逃跑。
Theodore: Thats it! ! ! Why didnt I think of that?
西奥多:没错! 我怎么就没想到呢?
Lenny: You are a genius! Hurray for Felix! ! !
伦尼:你真是个天才啊! 菲利克斯万岁!
Mrs. Toby: Good job! !
托比太太:好样的!
Mr. Toby: Now we are all saved! Lets celebrate!
托比先生:这样我们大家就都可以保住遥命了! 我们来庆祝一下吧!
Grandpa Willy: Wait a minute!
威利爷爷:等一下!
Theodore: Whats wrong, Grandpa Willy?
西奥多:怎么了,威利爷爷?
Grandpa Willy: The idea is wonderful, I agree. But I have just one question.
威利爷爷:这点子的确很了不起,我同意。 但是我还有一个问题。
Lenny: Whats that, Grandpa Willy?
伦尼:什么问题,威利爷爷?
Grandpa Willy: WHO is going to hang the bell around Kitty?
威利爷爷:谁去给凯蒂挂铃铛呢?
The whole room suddenly becomes silent. After a while, Mr. Toby opens his mouth.
房间里一下子变得非常安静。 过了一会儿。 托比先生开口了
Mr. Toby: Well, uh I would like to, but I am too old. So how about you, Buster? You are young and strong.
托比先生:这样,嗯我是很想去,可是我太老了。 所以,你去怎么样,巴斯特? 你又年轻又强壮。
Buster: No, thank you. I am not that strong. Lenny would be better. He is slim and fast.
巴斯特:不,谢谢。 我可没那么强壮。 还是伦尼比较合适。 他这么苗条,身手又快。
Lenny: I am not that fast. How about you, Felix? You are smart. And it was YOUR idea.
伦尼:我的身手可没那么快! 菲利克斯,你去怎么样? 你很聪明,而且这是你出的主意。
Felix: What? ! Me? ! No, thanks. I dont want to be eaten. We better think of another plan.
费利克斯:什么! ? 我! ? 不了,谢谢。 我可不想被吃掉。 那咱们较好还是想想别的办法吧。
MORAL:A good plan is of no use if it is not carried out.
寓意:如果无法实施,一个好的计划一点用处也没有。