情景会话:可以谈谈工资的问题吗?Sarah:Could we have a chat when it’s convenient for you?
您方便的时候我找您谈谈可以吗? Boss:Sure,you can drop by my office in half an hour.
当然,半小时以后来我办公室吧. Sarah:May I come in?
我可以进来吗? Boss:Yes, what do you want to talk about?
进来吧,你想谈点什么? Sarah:Could we possibly discuss my salary?
可以谈谈工资的问题吗? Boss:Sure, go ahead. What’s on your mind?
当然,说吧. 你是怎么想的? Sarah:First of all, I want you to know that I’m really enjoying working for our company. What do you think of my job here?
首先,我想让您知道,在咱们公司工作我很开心,您觉得我的工作干得怎么样? Boss:Well, you are doing an excellent job.
恩,你干得挺遥的. Sarah:Thank you. I’m working hard everyday. I’d like to talk about my prospects and see if there’s the chance of receiving a raise.
谢谢. 我每天工作都很努力. 我想和您谈谈,看看有没有可能给我加薪. Boss:Well, you deserve more, but if I give you a raise, then everyone in your department should also get one. That’s too much.
好,你是该多拿些工资,可是如果我给你涨工资了,就得给你部门的其他人也涨工资. 数额太大了. Sarah:I understand your concerns.
我理解您的难处. Boss:Could you consider other benefits the company may find easier to accommodate, more paid holidays, for example?
能不能考虑下公司能提供的其他好处,比如说带薪休假? Sarah:Ok, thank you for offering that.