寻找代理商(2)托尼在寻找代理商的时候显然进行的不太顺利。 (B = Businesswoman, T = Tony)T: Excuse me. I work for a company called 'Comfort Tours' and. . .
打扰了。 我是舒适旅行公司的……B: Er, just a moment. Yes, can I help you now?
呃,稍等一下。 需要帮忙吗? T: Yes, er, my company is looking for a partner, in Britain, to help with marketing and promotion.
呃,是,我们公司想在英国找一个合作伙伴,帮助我们做该国的市场和推广业务。 B: You mean a British company?
你是要找一家英国公司吗? T: Yes, that's right. Well, a company based in Britain.
是的,没错。 嗯,一家总部在英国的公司。 B: Well, we're Italian, based in Venice. Can't you see the sign?
哦,我们是意大利公司,总部在威尼斯。 牌子在这儿。 T: Oh, sorry. I didn't see it.
哦,抱歉,我没看到。 B: We only sell holidays in Italy, I'm afraid.
我们只做意大利的度假业务,抱歉。 T: Oh. I'm sorry to trouble you, then.
哦,抱歉打扰你。 B: No problem. You could try that stand over there.
没关系。 你可以去那边的展位问一下。 T: Excuse me. I work for. . .
打扰一下。 我是……B2: [interrupts] I'm sorry, do you mind waiting a minute? I'm just dealing with this customer.
对不起,你能等一下吗? 我正在接待这位顾客。 T: Oh, sorry.
哦,对不起。 B2: Yes, now, what can I do for you?
哦,您好,需要帮忙吗? T: Well, I represent a company called 'Comfort Tours'. We're looking for someone to help us with marketing. . .
哦,我是舒适旅行公司的代表。 我们想找家公司帮我们做市场业务……B2: [interrupts] . . . to help with marketing?
市场? T: Yes, yes, we. . .
是的,我们……B2: [interrupts] . . . you need a company to help market your holidays?
你想找家公司帮你们做市场业务? T: Well, er, yes.
哦,嗯,是的。 B2: [interrupts] Look, I'm sorry, but I don't work with other companies. I organise and sell my own tours and I'm very busy. So if you don't mind. . .