展会向老板汇报工作(2)梅和托尼就展会的进行向老板汇报工作,这天可是很糟糕。 (C =Customer, T = Tony, M = May, B = Boss)C: Excuse me?
C:打扰了。 M: Hello. Can I help you?
M:你好,有什么需要吗? C: Er, no. Can you tell me where the toilets are, please?
C:哦,不是。 你知道洗手间在哪吗? M: Hmm. Yes, they are over there.
M:哦,在那边。 T: This is terrible, May. I'm going to phone head office to talk about it.
T:太糟糕了,梅。 我要打电话回总部汇报一下。 M: OK and ask them to send us some more brochures and order forms.
M:好吧,让他们再送点宣传册和定单来。 T: Hello? Hello? Hello, this is Tony, phoning from England. We're at the conference.
T:喂? 喂? 你好,我是托尼,我从英国打来的,我们在展会呢。 B: Hello Tony. Is it all going well? Is everything OK?
B:你好,托尼。 一切顺利吗? T: Well, a few problems actually. The exhibition stand is right at the back and it's tiny. And we have very few brochures and order forms.
T:其实是有些问题。 我们的展位很小,在较后边。 我们的宣传册和定单也很少。 B: Hello, Tony. Can you hear me?
B:喂,托尼,能听到吗? T: Yes.
T:能。 B: That sounds terrible. We ordered a stand near the entrance! Didn't you talk to the conference manager?
T:谈了,可是……B: I want you to deal with it today, please, Tony! We spent a lot of money on that stand and we'll send the brochures immediately.
B:我希望你遥把这事解决。 我们订那个展位花了很多遥的,宣传册会立刻送过去的。 T: Well, I'll do my best, but I don't think we can change it.
T:好吧,我尽力,但是我觉得改变不了了。 B: Tony, if you can't do it then I'll phone the conference manager myself. And another thing, can you try to find a good agent there to act for us in Britain? Did you remember? To help with the publicity and so on?
B:托尼,如果你解决不了,我会亲自给展会经理打电话。 另外,你能不能在那边找个好的代理? 还记得这件事吗? 找个代理为我们做宣传之类的活动。 T: OK. I'll do my best. I'll phone you again tomorrow, bye.
T:好的,我会尽力的,明天再给你打电话,再见。 C: Excuse me. . .
C:打扰了。 T: Yes, can I help you?
T:需要帮忙吗? C: Can you tell me the way to the toilets, please?