电话英语:电话交谈实用会话M:May I use your telephone,George?
乔治,我能用你的电话吗?
G:Certaily. Just dial zero first and then the number you want.
当然,只要先拨0再拨你要的号码。
M:Thanks.
谢谢。
Telephone Girl:Pacific Trading Company. May I help you?
总机小姐:太平洋贸易公司,我能效劳吗?
M:This is Mr. Tian speaking. Could you connect me with Mr. Brown?
我是田先生,你能转给布朗先生吗?
T:Certainly,sir. Will you hold the line a moment?
当然,先生,请稍后好吗?
M:Yes,of course.
是的,当然可以。
T:Mr. Brown is on the line,sir.
布朗先生电话已接好了,先生。
M:Hello. Mr. Brown?
喂,布朗先生吗?
B:Yes,Mr. Tian? I was waiting for your call all morning.
是的,田先生吗? 我整个上午都在等你的电话。
M:Im so sorry,Mr. Brown. I was out at one of our construction sites and couldnt call you.
抱歉,布朗先生,我外出到我们的一个工地无法打电话给你。
B:Now,let me see. . . . Could you come to my office at 2 oclock tomorrow afternoon? Id like to discuss a few things with you then.
遥,我看看你明天下午2点能不能来我办公室? 我想到时和你讨论一些事情。
M:Of course. Mr. Brown. Ill be going out to another construction site tomorrow morning,so I wont be in office until noon.
当然可以,布朗先生,明天上午我会在另一个工地,所以中午以前我不会在办公室,
If by any chance you wish to get in touch with me,could you please leave a message with my secretary?
如果万一你想和我联络,请留言给我的秘书好吗?
B:Yes,Ill do that. At any rate Ill see you here at 2 oclock tomorrow.
是的,我会的,不管怎样明天2点在这里和你见面。
A:Ill be there without fail. Goodbye,Mr. Brown.
我一定到,再见,布朗先生。
B:Goodbye,Mr. Tian.
再见,田先生。
G:All through?
讲完了吗?
M:Yes,thanks.
是的,谢谢。
G:Say,how about coming home with me for dinner?
嘿,和我一道回家吃晚饭如何?
M:But it would be so much trouble for Helen.
但会给海伦添很多麻烦。
G:Oh,my wife wouldnt mind. Ill call her and tell her youre coming.
哦,我太太不会介意的,我打电话给她,告诉她你要来。
M:Well,if you insist.
好吧,如果你坚持的话。