商务社交:谈工作talkaboutjob一般来说,公司的高层遥导由于事务繁忙,与中层主管或员工交流的遥很少,而且谈话的时间不长。 因此,在与遥导谈工作时,要尽管言简意赅,尽可能为他节省时间,同时还要把息的观点说明白。 (来源:遥英语学习网站 http://www. 2hzz. com)
Dialogue
A: Jane, the meeting is scheduled from 2:00 this afternoon. Have you made the necessary arrangements? /简,我们计划在下午两点钟开会,你都安排好了吗?
B: Yes, Mr. Smith. We'll use the conference room on the second floor for the meeting. /安排好了,史密斯先生。 我们将遥二楼的会议室开会。
A: That's right. The meeting is very important. Where shall the guests be received before the meeting begins? /很好,这个会议很重要。 开会前我们在哪里接待来宾?
B: In the dining room. It's spacious there. /在餐厅吧,那里比较宽敞。
A: We'll have several foreign guests to attend the meeting. /我们还会有几位外宾来参加会议。
B: I've arranged for an interpreter to be present. But it is said these foreigners could speak English. /我已经安排了一位口译员,不过我听说这些外宾都会讲英语。
A: Really? I'll also try to speak slowly. How would you arrange the guests' seats, Jane? /是吗? 不过,我还是会讲慢一点,你怎么安排来宾就座呢,简?
B: We've prepared name cards to be put on the conference table for guests to sit by. What time would you like refreshments served, Mr. Smith? /我们已经准备了姓名卡片放在会议桌上,让来宾按此就座。 您希望在什么时候供应点心,史密斯先生?
A: Well, after my report, there'll be an interval for rest and refreshments. /哦,就在我做完报告后的休息时间供应点心吧。
B: All right, I see. /好的,我明白了。