职场英语:生病了怎样跟老板请假天气骤冷骤寒,白遥们要是一不小心生了病,是扛着还是请假? 一面是病来如山倒,一面是催着要工作的老板,真是两难呐! 这期我们就来谈谈怎么请假吧! (来源:英语学习门户网站2hzz. com)
Why don't you take this afternoon off? 为什么不下午请假呢? 我想请/休两天假,就可以说I want to take two days off. 我有两天休假,则说I have two day soff.
无限扩展:请病假:ask for a sick leave、请事假:ask for a casual leave请产假:ask for maternity leave,所以,I am on my maternity leave. 就是我在休产假的意思。
I'm already behind schedule. 我的工作还没完成,已落后时间表了。 Behind schedule表示落后于时间表,比原计划慢。 无限扩展:表示按计划完成就是on schedule,如We finished the project on schedule. 我们按计划完成了工程项目。
有时候老板们会定个较后期限,表示工作在此之前必须完成。 表示这个较后期限,时间遥用deadline,如We had to work overtime last night in order to meet the deadline. 我们昨晚为赶较后期限,不得不加班来完成工作。
He would think that I was putting him on. 他会觉得我在骗他。
to put some body on愚弄、欺骗某人;如she put on an English accent. 她假装带有英国口音。
无限扩展:You're putting me on! 你在开我的玩笑。
I'll handle him. 我会跟他解释的。 To handle表示处理、应付、应对。 如I can't handle children. 我管不住孩子们。 She handled a difficult argument skillfully. 她巧妙地应付了一场艰难的辩论。
实战对话:
John:Do you have any tissue, Eveline? I've used all mine. 伊芙琳,你有纸巾么? 我的全用光了。
Eveline:Here. Are you all right? 给,你还好吧?
John:Thanks. I'm all right. It's just my nose. It must be an allergy. . . . Do you have any aspirin? I have a terrible headache. 谢谢,还好,都是我的鼻子,肯定是过敏了。 你有没有阿斯匹林? 我头疼死了。
Eveline:I don't have an aspirin. Perhaps you should go to a doctor. 我没有,也许你得去看看医生了。
John:No, no. I'm okay. It's the weather. It was warm and sunny this morning, and now it's chilly and raining. 不不,算了吧,我还好啦。 都是这鬼天气闹的,早上还阳光灿烂挺暖和的,这会儿却下雨了,遥冷遥冷的。
Eveline:Really, John. I still think you should go to a doctor. You've been sneezing ever since you entered the office this morning. Why don't you take this afternoon off? If you don't want to see a doctor, at least you can go home and have a good rest. 的确,约翰。 我还是觉得你应该去看医生。 今早你一到办公室,就打喷嚏到遥。 干脆下午请假吧,如果你不想去看病,至少回家好好休息一下。
John:I can't. I'm already behind schedule. Besides, you know Mr. Thomas. He would think that I was putting him on. 不行啊,我已经落后于时间表了。 而且你知道托马斯先生的,他会认为我在愚弄他。
Eveline:You didn't do anything but sneeze this morning, and you can't do anything this afternoon like this. Gee! You've got a fever! 今早你除了打喷嚏什么都没做,你这个样子下午也做不了什么。 呀! 你还发烧呢。
John:Do I ? . . . Oh, no. 什么? 噢噢,不是吧。
Eveline:Listen to me. You go home now. 听我的! 你遥回家。
John:What about Mr. Thomas? 那托马斯先生怎么办?
Eveline:I'll handle him. Now go home. I'll call you afterwork. 我会给他解释的,你快回家吧,下班后我给你打电话。
John:Thanks a lot, Eveline. Good-bye. 那太谢谢你了伊芙琳,回见。